Want to write compelling copy to promote your business online? Yes, then write for people first!
1) Avoid getting hung up on SEO (search engine optimization) and attempting to cram in multiple keywords. You need a smattering, but too many and your copy isn’t reader friendly. Google might love you, but your audience won’t!
2) Tell your story to your audience. Chances are that you are a small company. Celebrate this and tell your existing and potential customers about you, and why you are the best fit for them.
3) Keep your copy direct. Appeal directly to your audience. How you can help them, the services you offer, and how you can solve their problems.
4) Watch your sentence structure. Be clear and concise in your word choice. Most people will be viewing your content on a mobile or tablet. Long sentences are more challenging to read on a small screen.
5) Be a rule breaker! Do your own thing! Humans are unique after all.